Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Marin College Access Network Conference 2013: Equity and Access for All Students
Friday, February 1, 2013 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (PST)
San Rafael, United States
This conference provides training, toolkits and professional development in college access and success practices to Bay Area nonprofit organizations, community agencies, middle and high school counselors and administrators, organization volunteers, mentors and other adult allies.
Thanks to the generous support of our sponsors, this event is free. Food and raffle prizes are included.
When you register, you will be asked to select which workshops you plan to attend (up to three - see below).
9 am - Dr. Joseph E. Marshall, Jr. | www.street-soldiers.org
Co-founder and Executive Director of Omega Boys Club/Street Soldiers, author, lecturer, radio talk show host, and community activist
3 pm - Dr. Francisco Reveles | www.l7studio.com/MenteBrava
Chair, Department of Educational Leadership at CSU Sacramento, author, researcher, gang mediator and film maker
CONFERENCE WORKSHOPS (subject to change)
* Parent Engagement Strategies
* Successful Transitions to High School
* Career Pathways: Education with a Purpose
* Cultivating GRIT and Perseverance
* Financial Aid Updates and the DREAM Act
* College Campus Cohorts: Peer Groups for Persistence
* Leveraging Social Media and Technology
* DACA - Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
* Engaging African-American and Latino Males
* Marin Promise - Collective Impact in Marin County
* Planning Effective Student/Parent Events
* Student Voices - Looking Back: "Sometimes everyone needs a push"
* Marin Community Foundation
* Center for Volunteer and Nonprofit Leadership, San Rafael
* West Contra Costa Public Education Fund, Richmond
In-kind and raffle prize donation opportunities are still available. Conference volunteers also are needed. Contact Susan Keiter, MarinCAN Director, for more information.
When & Where
Marin College Access Network (MarinCAN)
Marin College Access Network (MarinCAN) believes all young people in Marin County should have the academic, personal and financial resources to be successful in their educational goals through college graduation. MarinCAN fosters a learning community where member nonprofit-organizations and schools can work collaboratively to increase the number of low-income and students of color who attend college.
MarinCAN is a membership network established in 2010 by the Marin Community Foundation to support its Educational Strategic Initiative. Network members are community-based organizations and local colleges, serving students at eleven public middle and high schools in targeted geographical regions. The 17 MarinCAN members collectively serve nearly 1000 students in San Rafael, Novato, Marin City and West Marin.